I’m pleased to announce that Bacula-Web 8.6.3 has been released.
This is maintenance and bugfix release which include fixes and improvements of PHP version >= 8.0. It also fix a dependency issue with smarty/smarty for users using PHP > 7.4.
For more details, please check Bacula-Web v8.6.3 release notes on GitHub.
Kind reminder, since release v8.6.0, Apache, Nginx or Lighttpd document root folder muse be set as below
In this example, you can replace WEB_SERVER_ROOT by /var/www/html (adapt to your environement
What’s coming next ?
Here’s a short list of what you could expect from next releases
- Next release will deprecate PHP version 7.3, at least PHP 7.4 will be supported (see https://www.php.net/supported-versions.php )
- Translations will be improved on some pages
- More filtering options will be avaible on backup/client reports
- Job files report will be improved and provide a better user experience.
- Installing and upgrading Bacula-Web will be much easier ;)
- and even much more …
Bacula-Web release 8.6.3 Composer package, and sha signature files are available using the link below
Install / Upgrade
Bacula-Web documentation is kindly hosted by ReadTheDocs <3
This release have been tested on the plateform listed below
- FreeBSD 14.0 using PHP 8.0.25
- Centos 8 Stream using PHP 7.4
- Centos 8 Stream using PHP 8.0
- Debian 11 (Bullseye) using PHP 7.4
- Debian 11 (Bullseye) using PHP 8.1
- Debian 10 (Buster) using PHP 8.0
- Fedora 36 using PHP 8.1.12
- Fedora 37 using PHP 8.1.12
- Ubuntu 20.04 (Focal Fossa) using PHP 7.4.3
- Ubuntu 22.04 (Jammy JellyFish) using PHP 8.1
How to get help ?
You can submit new a bug report or feature request on the GitHub project
Please use Github discussions to ask a question or give a feedback
I’d like to thanks all contributors for your feedbacks, help and precious contributions. Without you, this release wouldn’t be possible.
Thanks for using and supporting Bacula-Web project