I’m pleased to announce that Bacula-Web 8.7.0 has been released.
This release bring a minor feature (volume details page) and several bug fixes.
Here’s a summary of the changes included in this release
- you can list jobs attached to a volume aside of some volume details
- a Docker image is now availabe on Docker Hub
- no more errors if you disable user authentication (while using basic http auth or LDAP)
- versions of PHP prior version 7.4 is not supported anymore
- code has been fixed and refactored, really a lot …
For more details, the release notes is available on GitHub.
Kind reminder, since release v8.6.0, Apache, Nginx or Lighttpd document root folder muse be set as below
In this example, you can replace WEB_SERVER_ROOT by /var/www/html (adapt to your environement
As usual, I strongly encourage everyone to upgrade to the latest release.
Please note that I’ve added some informations related to security in the security chapter of the documentation
What’s coming next ?
Here’s a short list of what you could expect from next releases
- release frequency will be shorter (I’ll change how I plan and prepare releases in the future)
- more improvements with translations
- and even much more …
Bacula-Web release 8.7.0 Composer package, and sha signature files are available using the link below
Install / Upgrade
Bacula-Web documentation is kindly hosted by ReadTheDocs <3
This release have been tested on the platform listed below
- FreeBSD 14.0 using PHP 8.0.25
- Centos 8 Stream using PHP 7.4
- Centos 8 Stream using PHP 8.0
- Debian 11 (Bullseye) using PHP 7.4
- Debian 11 (Bullseye) using PHP 8.1
- Debian 10 (Buster) using PHP 8.0
- Fedora 36 using PHP 8.1.12
- Fedora 37 using PHP 8.1.12
- Ubuntu 20.04 (Focal Fossa) using PHP 7.4.3
- Ubuntu 22.04 (Jammy JellyFish) using PHP 8.1
How to get help ?
You can submit new a bug report or feature request on the GitHub project
Please use Github discussions to ask a question or give a feedback
I’d like to thanks all contributors for your feedbacks, help and precious contributions. Without you, this release wouldn’t be possible.
Thanks for using and supporting Bacula-Web project